Hi, I trust you and yours are well.
Thank you always for reading my books and free bi-monthly broadcasts and using my tools and strategies for winning in a VUCA world with freedom, power and peace of mind.*
*You probably know by now: VUCA stands for Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity. Perhaps you also know the Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times 😉
Ben Pakulski is a skillful interviewer. He got stuff out of me that I did not know I had to offer. The interview goes to the heart of my fundamental philosophy:
- Leadership is a set of conversations.
- An organization is a network of conversations.
- You shape the container of your business culture through every conversation.
- Our job is to find out who we are and what life wants from us.
Top 3 Takeaways:
- A well-defined vision is a north star that leaders follow. It gives us direction to where we should lead our organization, lets us prioritize goals, and keep things on track.
- Leadership is not a one-way conversation with the person on top just issuing orders. Great leaders knows when to listen and when to start talking.
- The series of small actions we do daily impacts the outcomes we achieve.
- How Mahatma Gandhi was a massive influence on me growing up. [01:29]
- 9/11 impacted countless lives, mine being one of them. I was an eyewitness to the terrible event that shook the world—but it also gave birth to a new self. [02:54]
- Zusya of Hanipol and the essence of identity. [04:09]
- The requirements of being a great leader. [05:05]
- How rituals enable successful leadership and achievement of goals. [07:36]
- My student at Columbia University and how an open-ended question in class helped him shape his vision. [09:50]
- The five levels of the Global Leader Pyramid®—Self-Awareness, Relationship, Vision, Strategy, and Action. [11:40]
- Why trust is paramount in all walks of life. [12:46]
- Why Martin Luther King is a great leader. [15:02]
- The story of an aerospace company who sadly lost their vision, thinking that their best days are behind them. [16:49]
Here is the video: Video Link
If you want to meet your commitments with freedom, power and peace of mind, check out this training: Cockpit Course
What do you think? I look forward to reading you.
For additional questions or details on how you can maximize potential through effective leadership and transform for a balanced, happier and impactful life, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org