For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.
What would the world be like if all the rulers, leaders, and people in government were servants of God first and foremost? Think on that scene for a moment. Every single public servant, be it city, county, state, or federal, was a child of God who loves others as He loves them. You must agree that your city, county, state, country, even the entire world would be quite an amazing and wonderful place.
Well, guess what? The world He created is quite an amazing and wonderful place even if all the rulers, leaders, and people in government aren’t servants of God first and foremost. Why? Because we are Believers of His word. We are the children of God and therefore are required to do our part, being in control of ourselves, (1 Corinthians 9:25, 2 Timothy 3:3, 2 Peter 1:6). For there is no law against self-control, (Galations 5:23).
Like the saying goes, “You have one job.” Our job is to be like Christ Jesus. What does that look like? Scripture reveals every step to action by detailing the life of Christ Jesus and the lives impacted by His ministry.
– Exercise self-control, and no matter your situation or circumstance
– Read His word
– Internalize His word through memorization and do what it instructs
– Pray to, think of, and behave as He did on earth.
– Build relationships in love, hope, mercy, and grace.
– Go! Tell others about the hope that is in Him.
– Be a disciple.
– Disciple others.
– Love all people excluding no one, even your enemies.
– Love your enemies! (That bears repeating)
– Treat others as you would like to be treated.
– Behave graciously, honestly, lovingly, and righteously
– Love as He loves you.
– Pay attention to and appropriately act as the Holy Spirit prompts.
Of course, these are just a few. The key is controlling yourself in every moment, even the most difficult and trying ones. This is where the rubber meets the road, sacrificing who you think you are for who scripture reveals Him to be. If and when we do this, especially when we least “feel” like it, the results will be to His glory and not our own. What an even more wonderful world it would be.
Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples.
1 Chronicles 16:24
Your testimonies are wonderful; Therefore my soul complies with them.
I will give thanks to You, because I am awesomely and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
For a Child will be born to us, a Son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.